Wednesday, February 16, 2011

With a little help from your friends.

I was talking with a client recently about the power of teams and community and that rarely, if ever does one truly do anything completely on their own - whatever it is; business success and achievement, sporting prowess... I'm currently reading Dame Kelly Holmes book 'Just go for it"- great read - and she talks a lot about supporters and those around her, be it coaches, trainers......
This week as those who know me will confirm, I've been wittering on about the Enduro ride to anyone who will listen.
Excitingly Werx and ZeroNineMX have generously agreed to do all the decals for the bikes for free - how fabulous is that! And we have another two sponsors of the bike; OceanOne boutiques and Dawson VA services. Thanks John Kettley and thanks Jim Gale and Karon! Thanks Tessa! Thanks Angela! And thanks as ever to Mr T for continuous support and encouragement - nerves have set in and it's still 200 odd days away. Eeek!
Learning for the day; I now know what rad shrouds, fenders and swing arms are - I think I've identified what the swing arms are anyway! Perhaps that's an exercise to improve my upper arm strength !! They certainly need it, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment