Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The boys are back in town............well in a village , Croydon, leafy Cambs....





Whoop de doo! Another one of those awesome days today when I had to stop myself running round skipping with joy, which would have been a tad embarrassing for all around.
Mr T on the lovely old Triumph Trophy 650 (with high pipes - important apparently?!) and me on my trusty GasGas took a spin up to the lovely Queen Adelaide, owned by the lovely Michelle Hunter in Croydon, Cambs.
Felt a bit like 'bunking off school' .........on a Wednesday lunchtime but as excuses go......
The reason, Ross Noble's Sit Down Tour - to commemorate the 500,000th Triumph, a Speed Triple - beautiful it is too. Nice paint job, look good on my nails I think?! Even more exciting, at the end of this phenomenal trip the bike is set to be auctioned at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on the 1st July - all proceeds going to Riders for Health, a fantastic charity that provides vital motorbike transport for medics to reach otherwise inaccessible parts of rural Africa. Very humbling....
When we arrived at said Queen Adelaide, it was slightly later than intended. I wanted to arrive early (park bike up, allow for private spills on gravel etc) - that wasn't to be. We arrived and I spied Billy Ward first (not that we'd met before), I recognised him from photos, then I spotted Ross Noble , then Steve Parrish .....only then, just about to have a hopeless OMG moment, I thought 'get a grip girl and focus otherwise you'll spill it in the gravel'. Not a good look from wherever you may be standing. As it happened I just had a rather heavy braking moment ....but... didn't fall off or drop it!!
We met Gary and Caroline at the pub. At home, I very , very nearly went with Caroline in the car and suggested Gary took a bike...?!
So, lunch at The Queen Adelaide, gorgeous looking bikes, all very petrol heady and I couldn't help but noticing, gorgeous looking blokes too, Caroline concurred!! And sunshine - what more could a girl want.....
Then Billy produced a copy of The Long Way Down signed by Charley Boorman to auction for our challenge......
Ross Noble signed one of our SupremeBeing Tshirts which are going to be overprinted with the charity logos and auctioned - did get a bit girly and starstruck then.....
Steve Parrish signed a SupremeBeing Tshirt and has also very kindly agreed to donate some MotoGP stuff for the auction which is fabulous... ditto girly and starstruck......
Then team Sit Down Tour went on their way - wonderful! Had one of those warm fuzzy moments watching them. Hence, potential skipping moment ensued.....
Confidence up a notch, no spills, one stall but I don' think anyone noticed (?!1?), wonderfully generous signings and stuff for the auction on the 30th July at The Queen Adelaide in Croydon, Cambs.
Look forward to seeing you there...




No comments:

Post a Comment